How To Save Data On The Cloud
- Windows Phone 8 lets you save backups online only if you have an Internet connection. For this thing you will need a Microsoft account. If you have been using a Windows Phone 8 phones, you should have created this during setup or while downloading apps.
- Next you will also need a OneDrive account for saving photos and videos. To do that you can go to onedrive.com or just download the app to create this account.
- To backup your settings, Internet Explorer favourites, and a list of installed apps, head to Settings > Backup > App list + settings > Backup > On. Tap back up now to start the backup.
- To save your photos and videos, go to Settings > Backup > Photos. Under both sub-heads - Photos and Videos - pick either Good quality or Best quality. Photos will back up good quality on your cellular Internet connection, but best quality photos and all videos need WiFi to upload.
How To Securely Wipe Data
- Go to Settings > About > Reset your phone. Tap Yes twice to start the process.
- Wait till the process is complete, then connect the phone to your PC and open it via My Computer as you know very well. Please double-click Windows Phone and you will see an empty drive labelled Phone that will show the amount of free space on the device.
- Now copy the large files such as HD movies and songs and fill up the internal storage on your phone. This is similar to copying files on a pen drive.
- When you have filled the phone completely, delete those files. You can repeat this a few times to offer yourself better protection against someone recovering deleted data from your phone.
- If you have a microSD card, repeat steps 3 and 4 with the card. When you double-click Windows Phone as described in step 3, the microSD card will show up as a separate drive labelled SD Card.