OTA update involves logging into Android beta webpage (http://g.co/androidbeta) and later a system update will then be offered to your device. Users can check to see if an update is pending by navigating to Settings > About > System updates.
Download & Install Android N Developer Preview
- Download the correct factory image for your device from here.
- Go to Settings > Developer options and tick USB debugging.
- Extract the images and save on your computer.
- Connect your device to your computer over USB.
- Start the device in fastboot mode.
- You may be required to boot into fastboot mode using the ADB tool: With the device powered on, go to the command terminal and execute the following: adb reboot bootloader. This will give access to device's bootloader.
- Navigate to the unzipped system image directory.
- Execute "flash-all.bat", which should unzipped image files and install the necessary bootloader, baseband firmware(s), and operating system. This will take time and will see several reboots. The step will install Android N Developer preview on device.