The best trick is installing the application from browser or from apk file.
Inorder to download the latest apk from internet you require a good Wi-Fi connection and storage space available in your Nvidia Shield.
Steps To Install & Run Custom Android Apps In Nvidia Shield Android TV
- First of all you need to identify which android app you want to install in Nvidia Shield.
- To install it, you require a raw apk file of that application to run on Nvidia Shield.
- To download the apk file from Google Play Store visit here.
- Later transfer the apk file to Nvidia Shield using microsd card or bluetooth or Wifi direct.
- Now go to Google Playstore and download the file manager called "ES File Manager".
- Open ES File Manager and navigate to SD Card folder and click on apk file to install it.
- It will ask you to enable the unknown sources, enable it and install the application.
- To launch the application, Go to home -> Settings -> Apps -> Here you find the custom installed applications.