Coupon Audit and Techies Net have jointly come out with a study of user behaviour in relation to the gadgets. The gist of some of these findings is reproduced below.
- A total of 1 billion people – out of the total world population of 7 billion – are presently using smart phones. It means one person out of seven is an active smart phone user. Unbelievable indeed! It is noteworthy to say that this fantastic growth has taken place over a period of 16 years. It is estimated that 2 billion people would be using smart phones in next - hold your breath - in just 3 years! Isn’t it INCREDIBLE?
- In the United States, about 85 percent of the adults use cell-phones. Around half of them are the users of smart-phones. The younger generation as a rule are bent in favour of phones, as could be evident from the fact that these are owned by 95% and 85% of people coming under the age brackets of 16 to 29 and beyond, respectively. More than a fourth of smart phone users are those coming within the age bracket of 25-34 years.
- The market-share of smart-phones remains the highest for Google, followed by Apple, RIM, Microsoft and Simbian. The market-share trend over a period of three months has however shown a distinct change where Apple has captured 2% increase, followed by Google (1.4%). The other three brands are however showing negative trends.
- In terms of global manufacturer, Samsung is the front-runner with a share of 32.9%, closely followed by ZTE (32.6%). Nokia and HTC have a share of only 6.6% and 5.7% respectively.
- In regard to the Operating System, Android has an overwhelming share of 68.1 per cent. IOS follows with 16.9 share, followed by RIM and Simbian. Windows however has a share of 3.5% on this score.
The detailed findings and analysis are given below.
Infographic On Smart Phone By The Numbers
Share This Post