- Status bar icons now in KitKat white from Green.
- Lockscreen Camera shortcut.
- Full screen music album art in the lockscreen.
- Performance improvements and bug fixes.
How To Update Galaxy Note 3 SM-900 & SM-9005 To Official Android 4.4.2
- Install necessary USB Drivers for Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 OR SM-N9005 on the computer.
- USB Debugging Mode should be enabled on the phone by navigating to Settings >> Developer Options.
- Backup your important data before you proceed to avoid potential data loss during firmware installation.
- Ensure the phone is factory unlocked (not locked to any specific carrier).
- Ensure the phone's battery charge exceeds 80 percent.
- Download THIS firmware for SM-N900 and THIS firmware for SM-N9005.
Step 1: Extract Firmware zip file via WinRAR/7-Zip or WinZip to obtain a .tar.md5 file and some other optional files.
Step 2: Next Odin zip file should be extracted to get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files.
Step 3: Power off the Galaxy Note 3 and boot the device into Download Mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons together until a construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on screen. Then keep tapping Volume Up button to progress into Download Mode.
Step 5: Launch Odin on computer as an Administrator.
Step 6: Connect Galaxy Note 3 to computer via USB cable while it is still in Download Mode. When Odin detects the device and a pop-up message implying successful connection appears on screen, the ID: COM box will turn light blue with the COM port number.
Note: If the Added message fails to appear, then try re-installing USB drivers or changing the port on computer.
Step 7: Select the following files in Odin from extracted firmware folder:
- Tap PDA button and choose the .tar.md5 file.
- Hit Phone button and select the file named MODEM.
- Tap CSC button and choose the file named CSC.
- Click PIT button and choose the .pit file.
Step 8: In Odin, enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. But, theRe-Partition option must be selected only if a .pit file was chosen in the previous step.
Step 9: After ensuring that Step 7 and Step 8 are done correctly, hit the Startbutton to begin installing the firmware.
Step 10: After the firmware is installed, the phone will reboot and soon a PASS message with green background appears in the left-most box at the top of Odin. It is now safe to disconnect the USB cable and remove the phone from computer.
Galaxy Note 3 is now running N900XXUDNA6 Android 4.4.2 KitKat official firmware. Head over to Settings >> About Phone to verify the firmware installed on the device.
Share This Post