The usage of internet covers applications like email, online chat, file sharing, online games, etc. This is apart from its use in social network platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Google+ etc. Internet is now widely used for online services and shopping.
- Search engines have become highly useful for searching information on the web. The most sought after search engines are Google and Bing. The use of these applications has increased tremendously during the last decade.
- It would be interesting to note that of late the internet has been providing active assistance in searching for one’s life partner. It is estimated that around a fifth of marriages are now fixed through the net in recent times.
- A fifth of the world population is reportedly internet users. It would mean that more than one billion people are tuned to internet for one reason or the other.
- There is no country on this planet as on date which cannot access the internet through the sattellite. In certain countries however there are restrictions imposed by the Government in regard to certain sites.
- Asia as a continent has the largest number of internet users, reported to be about 42%, while about three-fourth of the populace still do not have any access to the facility.
- The largest users of internet are the Swedish, and as such Sweden has the highest percentage of web users as on date
- Some people believe that an important phase of the World Wide Web started on account of its popularity initiated with the launch of Mosaic web browser. Mosaic has since discontinued.
Share This Post