Top Features Of Android 4.4 a.k.a Kitkat
- Major UI improvements and new features in Dialer app. Now the dialer puts forward the most recent and frequently contacted on the top making it easier. If you get a call from a business which isn't stored in your contacts then a relevant contact pic will be shown.
- Hangouts now replaces stock SMS with built-in SMS and MMS support along with hangouts. You can also install 3rd party SMS apps and stop getting notifications from either of the apps when you want either of them to show the notification.
- Immerse Mode lets you enjoy the full screen when reading or using any app by hiding the notification tray and on-screen buttons. With a single swipe from the bottom, notifications and the on-screen buttons appear.
- Improved Google Now with new cards and search parties where in it displays the name of the business, phone number and address. For example, if you are searching for a coffee shop using Google Now, it displays the name of the Coffee shops near you and also displays their business phone numbers and addresses without opening Maps app.
- Faster Multitasking with Andoid 4.4 on lower end devices which has been possible only because Google decided to reduce the system requirements as well as the background processes. One thing to note is that devices with 512 MB RAM can now be upgraded to Android 4.4 but sadly no love is shown to legendary Galaxy Nexus even though it has 1GB RAM. Hopefully devs at XDA will find a way to port Android 4.4 to our beloved Galaxy Nexus which it deserves.
- Emojis Everywhere, even in your mail. Not only can you add emojis while chatting online using the hangouts, but also when you send an email since this is facilitated by the introduction of emojis in the stock keyboard.
- Wireless Printing is embedded in Android 4.4 system where in you can print any document but for the time being only HP printers are supported. More support for other printers to come in the following weeks.
- Built-in Chromecast Support. Check out the Google Chromecast Review right here for more details on Chromecast - Google Chromecast.
- Bringing NFC features to devices with NFC chip. With Android 4.4 update your old devices which had no NFC chip can now utilise the NFC benefits by simply upgrading to Android 4.4.
Share This Post