To put it differently, Apple TV is a small entertainment powerhouse that provides access to entertainment through pictures and videos in HD up to an extent of 1080p. All that is required is to plug it and enjoy films, sport, music, etc.
The device is small and compact with the weight being less than 300 gram. The diameter is 23mm x 98mm x 98mm. The processor is Apple single-core AS chip. It is equipped with built in IR receiver. Further, the unit is compatible with HD TVs with HDMI. It is capable of 1080p or 720p at 60/50Hz,2 including popular models from manufacturers like Hitachi, JVC, LG, Mitsubishi, NEC, Panasonic, Philips, Pioneer, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, Toshiba etc.
- Wi-Fi (802.11a, b, g or n) wireless network (wireless video streaming requires 802.11a, g or n) or 10/100BASE-T Ethernet network
- iTunes Store account for renting films
- For streaming media from a Mac or PC: iTunes 10.6 or later; iTunes Store account for Home Sharing
- MLB.TV subscription required to watch live and archived games
- NHL GameCenter Live subscription required to watch live and archived games
It could thus be seen that the device, though small in size, is powerful enough for those believing in good home entertainment.
Share This Post