To solve this problem, a company by name ProMobi Technologies has launched an app called the MobiLock which lets you turn your android smartphones or tablets into kiosk mode by locking down the default home screen. Kiosk mode allows the user of the phone/tablet to ONLY access apps that you have allowed.
Steps To Lock Down Android Device With MobiLock
- First of all download and install the MobiLock from Playstore.
- Open MobiLock and click next.
- On the next page tap on setup launcher.
- Now select the MobiLock launcher and tap on always.
- Later select the apps which you want the end user to access and click 'save selected apps' button
- Now reboot your device.
- Upon reboot you can see the launcher with limited features.
- Lock down is successfully completed.
- Any experienced android user can bypass this lock down by launching the device in safe mode.
- Someone knowing the default password can unlock the lock down. (Default passoword is 2323).
- This application not available for iOS users.