For those who intend to go for a similar program, here is a good news. Microsoft has developed a software - called 'SyncToy' - that not only performs the task of the erstwhile 'Briefcase' but some thing in addition as well. SyncToy provides option for not only simple back-up but also that of syncing and echoing of files and folders. You can customize the application to your precise requirement, and sit back and relax.
The details of the application are given below.
How To Use Synctoy For Updating Your Source & Destination Folders
- Download and install SyncToy software 32 or 64 bit according to your OS
- Open SyncToy and click on "Create New Folder Pair".
- A 3 steps wizard window will open.
- 1st step is saying you to browse through computer and choose left and right folders. Once choosen hit next.
- In 2nd step you have three actions for updating your folder
2) Echo - New and updated files are copied left to right. Renames and deletes on the left are repeated on the right. Left act as source folder and right act as destination folder.
3) Contribute - New and updated files are copied left to right. Renames on the left are repeated on the right. No deletions.
- In 3rd step, just give the common name of both the folders connection for help in future sync.
- Hit run to complete the task.
Share This Post